Halo by Parasound JC 1 Mono-Block Premiere Purist Power Amplifier
HALO by Parasound is our premier line of amplifiers and preamplifiers. For nearly one and a half decades Halo products have had a reputation for going head-to-head with some of the most expensive reference equipment on the market while costing a fraction of the price. The sheer quantity of rave reviews and honors is unmatched and without precedent. In fact, over half of all Halo products are Stereophile Recommended Components.
We have been recommending the HALO by Parasound products since inception. We feel that they represents the best performance and value in audio electronic components in the world today. To that point we have chosen to limit ourselves to Parasound’s full line of very capable products. We design and build our Quanta Technologies Speaker systems. We have found no other line of analog audio components that we find up-to-the-task in the design/engineering process or the auditioning of our speakers to you, our clients. You will be amazed at the performance. Call me, Ray.
REVIEWS: See Below – Coming Soon
Model JC 1
Mono-Block Premiere Purist Power Amplifier
Features & Specifications:
• Circuitry designed by the legendary John Curl and CTC Builder
• THX Ultra2 certified
• Ultra High Bias Class A/AB operation for best sound
• Exclusive two position bias level adjustment
• Vampire Direct gold-plated 5-way speaker binding posts
• Balanced inputs with discrete circuits and XLR connectors
• Direct Coupled-No capacitors or inductors in the signal path
• Continuous Power Output:
• 1 x 400 Watts RMS, one channels driven, 8 Ohms
• 1 x 800 Watts RMS, one channels driven, 4 Ohms
• 1 x 1200 Watts RMS, one channel driven, 2 Ohms,
• Class A Power Output, 20 Hz – 20 kHz:
• 25 Watts, bias set to high, 8 Ohms
• 10 Watts, bias set to low, 8 Ohms
• Current Capacity: 135 Amperes peak
• Slew Rate: >130 V/µsecond
• Power Bandwidth: 5 Hz – 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB @ 1 Watt
• Dynamic Headroom: >1.8 dB
• S/N Ratio: 120 dB, IHF A-weighted, bias set to high
• S/N Ratio: 122 dB, IHF A-weighted, bias set to low
• Damping Factor: >1200 @ 20 Hz
• Independent power supplies for input, driver and output stages
• 18,000 µF filters for the driver stage. No wonder they are dead silent!
• 132,000 µF Nichicon Gold Tune filters for the output stage. Remember guys, all this filtering is for one channel ONLY!
• Premium detachable AWG 12 gauge power cord with silver solder
• Operating Voltage: 110-120V
• 17.25” Wide • 20” Deep • 7.625” High (7.0” 4U High w/o feet)
• Shipping weight: 86 lbs., Net weight: 64 lbs.
• Available in Black and Silver
• Retail In-Store Sales Only • No Mail-Order Sales
REVIEWS: Coming Soon